Friday, March 30, 2012

Click It Up a Notch~ March

March is Madness at our house. My son plays JV Basketball for a homeschool program that was originally started by our church. This year we became an independent program and I stepped in to be one of the two volunteer Athletic Directors for the program. I ended up putting in a lot more hours than I ever thought I would and when my son was out for six weeks due to a broken fibula it wasn't easy to keep working and pouring into the program. 

In March we packed our vans full of boys, fans, food and basketballs and headed to the HSPN East Coast Homeschool Basketball Tournament. Five games played over three days, 3-point shooting contests, over 4000 pictures taken, 5 hours of video, heartbreak, never give up attitudes and  seeing our boys become men over those three days was definitely worth all of the hours from the last 6 months.  Our boys ended up winning third over all JV Boys teams from the East Coast. 

This is my favorite picture. #10, my son's best friend, was announced for the First All Tournament team. I was sitting in the row in front of the team and literally just threw my camera over my shoulder and snapped a picture. How grateful I am for the gift of this picture. My son grasping his best friends hand. He is so proud of him. This year has been a challenging one for them. They have been trying to figure out what their relationship looks like now that they are getting older. Working together as co-captains in basketball has really knitted their hearts together.  All those hours have definitely been worth it =) 



Click It Up A Notch

3 comments:

  1. Basketball......my favorite sport EVER, so I totally understand the excitement behind a friend winning such a wonderful award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really special moment! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story to go with your picture! Sorry to hear about your son's leg but I love how you described watching the boys become men! How wonderful! Such a perfect moment to capture between two best friends and team mates!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...