I'm stuck in one of those ruts right now. Since I broke my foot almost 9 weeks ago it has been hard to pick up the camera and shoot something everyday. Most of the pictures I've taken have been with my ipod or ipad.
I've been off crutches for 10 days but even without them it's still hard to take pictures because the boot is not level on the bottom and I tend to rock at the exact time I release the shutter.
My kids have long since tired of me taking their pictures and refuse to let me take one. I've taken pictures of items around the house the 20 different shows I'm watching at night since sleep escapes me, pictures of pictures.
I feel like life is quickly passing by and I'm unable to capture it. I've missed taking pictures of friends on their birthdays, last weeks of summer, my friend's birth pictures, first day of school pics, first day of practice...
Then I start to think what would I be taking pictures of even if I wasn't stuck home on the couch all day? If I was honest I was feeling stuck with my 365 project even before I broke my foot.
My next doctor appointment is 10 days away. I'm hoping he will give me the all clear and I will finally be rid of this boot. I'm hoping by then inspiration will spring forth because I will finally be free, free to drive, free to take a walk, free to go shopping. Free to create.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog about my daughter's tractor pictures. Funny thing, is I was reading your blog earlier as well! I'll add you to my prayers today for a good recovery and for a return of inspiration. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet! Thank you for the prayers!
Delete