God has been so kind to place
two sweet and dear friends in my life, Jessi
Hunt and Jenni Dowling. It all
started rather simply. While working in Children’s Ministry about 11 years ago,
there was this sweet young lady named Jessi Hunt, who would always pick up her
brothers after the service. There was always a smile on her face, and a “Hi,
Mrs. Brown” as she came to the door. I had heard rumors of this family with
seven children, who all played the violin, Irish danced and their names all
began with “J”. We would chat for a
little while about their upcoming adventures, playing at Busch Gardens, Music
Camp, touring and the Tony Danza show. No matter what the conversation was it would
always point back to God’s goodness.
As the years passed our lives
would intertwine through basketball, music camps, music lessons, and 316. While
on their tour in 2010, we would Facebook chat, sometimes into the wee hours of
the morning. I loved and treasured every opportunity to talk to Jessi and Jenni
over the years. Their love for Christ and his people poured out of them.
Conversations always brought encouragement on the faithfulness of God.
Jessi and Jenni have prayed for
me and encouraged me during the darkest days of spiritual depression, and
constant doubt over my salvation. They have been faithful to pray for my
children when there has been spiritual dryness in their lives or when they are
suffering. We have prayed together that God would make himself known to our
youth group and church. We have prayed for the Spirit to pour himself out onto
our families, our church and our teens. They have prayed over me for healing
not only physically but healing in my anger over my father leaving when I was a
young girl and how that anger was affecting my home and my relationship with
God.
And just recently they have
been faithful friends who have upheld my children and myself in prayer during
one of the most trying times of our lives. God was so kind to use them at the
perfect time to send a text with a prayer, words of encouragement or scripture
and I’m thankful for their willingness to just drop by. I know no matter what they
are always a text a way and that they will pray and do battle for us.
I have learned so much from
these two beautiful young ladies. They have shown me what the faith of a
mustard seed can do. They have shown me and taught me about faith and the power
of prayer. And they have encouraged me in the Word when I have been unable to
read the Word on my own. My life has
been richly blessed by having them in my life.
Jessi and Jenni, I want to
thank you for your love, support and friendship. Thank you for taking initiative with me and
my children and for not being afraid to make this older lady your friend.
To quote 1 Thessalonians 1:2
I thank God for you and continually mention you in my prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment