I was so excited to start my 365 project again. I sat and
Do you know the song, All I Have is Christ? I have sung that song many, many times. I love this song and the lyrics. The lyrics that stick out to me the most are in verse 3...
VERSE 3
Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You
I was always afraid to pray that verse. I have sung it over and over again, but every time I came to the part of using my life in any way the Father chose I would send a little prayer up, but don't really God. When we sang that song on January 18, I knew I needed to pray that prayer. And I told my Father, Yes Lord, use my life in any way you chose to bring my children 100% into your arms. Right after singing this prayer I made a video testimony of a dear lady at church who time and time again through trial after trial heard God ask her, "Will you trust me?" and time and time again she responded, "Yes Lord, I will trust you." As I listened to her testimony I was amazed how she continued to trust and how God continued to bless her and prove his love to her over and over again. As she spoke I told God, "I don't know if I could ever be like her. I don't have that much faith God."
Not more than a week later I heard God asking me those very same words, "Will you trust me?" and to my surprise I replied, "Yes, Lord, I will trust you."
God has proven himself faithful again and again and again. Even when it seems everything we know to be true has turned upside down, God has remained constant. He was shown his love and care through our tears and sorrow. He has shown us that he grieves with us and comforts us. Over and over He has sent a word of comfort through a friend, my mom, the current sermon series at our church, and even with the pages of His book falling open to the perfect chapter and verse.
I know that even through the suffering of this present time that God will work all things to his glory and for our good. I look forward to the day when we will look back and see how God used this time to draw us closer to Him. Until then, I will cling to His right hand knowing He will uphold us through the storm. Yes Lord, I will trust you.
No comments:
Post a Comment