Wednesday, December 31, 2014

52/52 In memory of my Grandma Rebecca December 10, 1923 - December 23, 2014

My grandmother gave me a love for pictures, which turned into a love of capturing memories and photography. Her walls were covered with family portraits and photographs. When I was five my mom, sisters and I moved in with my grandma and grandpa. We lived with them through my senior year in high school, and even then we only moved across the street. I moved back in with my grandma the year before I got married and every weekend after I got married I stayed with her, since my husband was away at Desert Shield/Storm.  I always loved listening to her tell the stories that were behind the photographs.

Alzheimers slowly took away my grandma, during our last visit she was just a shell of the strong woman that she was, but even in her last days she was still witnessing. About a week after our last visit in November she had about 20 minutes where she was coherent and she witnessed to her caregiver. Even in her last days she was a witness of Christ's love. On December 23 my Grandma finished her journey her on earth and went home to be with her Savior. She is whole again, she is with my grandpa John again and in the presence of her Savior. 









Christmas Eve with family and friends

Went to Williamsburg with my girls on Saturday. 
It was a fun time of laughter, fellowship and side roads to nowhere adventures.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...