Tuesday, September 9, 2014

36/52 Hospitality

Our home was filled with a lot of friends and laughter this week.

The boys went white water rafting for the weekend so we decided to have a girls night. We went mini golfing and had a fun time laughing and egging each other on during the game. After mini golf we came back to our house for a yummy dinner. Dinner added one more friend and after dinner (complete with candles and music) we sat around the table talking, laughing, sharing, crying, encouraging. What a wonderful time it was listening how God has met us in different ways through out our lives and how he used the very friendships around the table to show us love.  Once our tears had stopped flowing we decided we needed to have a little fun, while we waited for our chocolate fondue to melt we had a dance party in the living room. We consumed enormous amounts of chocolate while watching a chick flick and added another friend, who was at a wedding. This brought on more stories and laughing until the early wee hours of the night day (5am to be exact). After a few hours sleep a donut run was in order and breakfast made. What a wonderful time.

On Monday our dear friends came over for surf and turf. They will be leaving for 2 months on a band tour. While we hate to see them go we are excited for this season in their lives.
I was sad that I never took any pictures during these two dinner parties. I tend to hesitate to pull out my camera when friends are over, but truth be told I'm usually too busy to think of it. A passing thought rushes through, "don't forget to take a picture of the table, " or "remember to snap a picture while we are all sitting down. " However this always is quickly forgotten and it's not until everyone has left and the house is quiet again that I remember I never took a picture.
I want to get better at this, I'm not sure how...maybe I should place my camera on the table so I remember to capture a photo before I sit down. I am grateful that I was fully engaged in experiencing and enjoying the whirlwind of friendship around me.

So the only images I have are from my daughter's ipod and a picture I took of my favorite candle holders that graced our table during all the wonderful fellowship. Disappointed...maybe a little...but my heart and mind are satisfied.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...