"Always take a picture with someone in it." How many times did I hear that growing up? Growing up in an age of film and film processing my mom always warned us before we went out with our camera to always have someone in the picture. I wish I had heeded her advice when years later our pictures from our trip to Yosemite were 75% squirrels, 10% mountains and water falls, 5% trees and 5% of my family members.
And than the miracle of digital photography....AAAhhhhhh....do you see the clouds parting? I don't have to repeat my mom's wise words to my daughter when she snaps 500 pictures of our dogs. I do however find myself telling her to stop eating up my hard drive with said pictures and learn to delete =)
My son plays basketball and last year ordered some pretty cool sic shoes. He kept asking me to take pictures of his shoes. I took plenty of him during the season and tried to get some close ups of his shoes while he was on the court but do you know how hard that is since he is a forward and sprints from one side to the other for the whole game? So I decided one morning to do a photoshoot of his shoes. Sorry mom, it's only the shoes, they are the "someone" in the picture.




Nice! I have been a "mostly people" photographer for a long time and have been branching out recently too. My 18 year old daughter (who is more talented than I will ever be) has helped me branch out. Stopped by from Mom Tried It. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThat first shot is so cool! I love what you did with it! Your son should hang that in his room :o)
ReplyDeleteThis is very cool!!! Love it1
ReplyDeleteI laughed at your daughter taking 500 pics of the dog...too funny! It sure is true though, digital photography has really changed perspective and the art of it. Those shoes make me look at my ragged ones and want to buy another pair! Cute blog too!
ReplyDeleteExcellent composition on these. I'm laughing at your comments on deleting images- I know so many who can't let go of even the bad ones.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos, especially the first one! I don't think I would have thought of that. Excellent way to think outside the box and be so creative. Love it! I should try it with my nephews shoes. He is 15 yrs old and is 6 ft tall with a size 12 shoe. :)
ReplyDelete