Thursday, September 22, 2011

I learned 9-22-11

My nephew asked if I would take his senior pictures. I have never done this before but I was up for the challenge. 
I only have iphoto for editing. I've been holding off on purchasing photoshop because I want to get as much practice getting great pics with my camera before I purchase such a powerful editing tool. Fortunately (or so I thought) I had a trial version of photoshop. So I thought I would try and get rid of the words on the fence.

I very quickly learned that I need more than 15 out of 30 days to master this program. I don't have a ton of time currently to spend on practicing with PS so I ended up getting extremely frustrated.  As you can see by the picture below. I did get rid of the words but ended up having a hard time making the fence line up. I also learned that I may need to take a photo shop class in order to understand how to use it effectively. I tried to add some texture and different lighting to this photo but couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to.



Click It Up A Notch

3 comments:

  1. I really can't tell that you had a hard time lining up the fence. It may show up in print, but it looks great on the web.

    I know 30 days is not enough, but it gives you a good taste. I learn something new in my editing every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a pretty good job for not using PS before! I've taken both a high school and college course in it, and I'm sure I could still use an another one! It's sort of a never ending learning thing. You may like PS Elements while you're just starting out. They have a 30 day trial too. But I think the picture still turned out pretty well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...this is a great shot. I hope my son wants me to do his Senior portraits...but you know..that little pop of red is kinda cool. Either way, you did a fabulous job.
    seen on CIUAN

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...